Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is ESTA?

    ESTA (or Electronic System for Travel Authorization) is an authorization system for citizens of Visa Waiver Program participating countries, who wish to travel to the United States for business, transit or pleasure and stay no longer than 90 days. It was introduced to both strengthen the security of travel to the United States and make the authorization process faster.

    What is Visa Waiver Program?

    Visa Waiver Program is a U.S. program for developed countries whose citizens can travel to the USA without obtaining a visa. All travellers are required to have a valid Electronic System Travel Authorization (ESTA) though. You can find a list of all participating countries below:

    United Kingdom, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic of Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan.

    How to apply for ESTA?

    To apply for ESTA, simply fill in our Online Application Form. If you will have any problems with completing the form, contact us and one of our team will assist you.

    Should I print my Travel Authorization?

    There is no need to print your Travel Authorization however we suggest that you keep your authorization number in a safe place in case you need to update your details.

    When do I need to apply for ESTA?

    We suggest that you apply at least 72 hours prior to your departure. If you have less than 72 hours, you can still apply and we will do our best to process your application on time.

    How long is ESTA valid for?

    ESTA is valid for 2 years of the issue date or until your passport expiration date (whichever comes first).

    What if the information I have provided changes?

    Contact us and we will update it free of charge.

    Can I update my application?

    You can update the following information:

    •E-mail address

    •Address while in the United States

    What should I do if my application for Travel Authorization was not successful?

    If you have received "Travel not Authorized" response, you can go to the Embassy of the United States website and try to apply for a non-immigrant visa

    I have lost my Travel Authorization Number. What should I do?

    The number is not required when travelling to the USA, so unless your details change, you will still be able to enter the United States.

    Is this website secure?

    Yes. The website is operated by ESTA USA Waiver and employs the latest security enhanced technology to prevent unauthorised access to the information entered and viewed. We use 256-bit encryption provided by a AlphaSSL certificate. Information entered by applicants using the ESTA Application Serive website is 100% secure and encrypted and access to such information is limited to those with a professional need to know. We do not sell data to any third parties, sensitive private information (credit card details) will not be stored on our servers. Your financial information is processed securely through PayPal and not even revealed to us. Our compliance with privacy legislation is set out in our separate Privacy Policy.

  • ESTA USA Waiver is an ESTA application service provider. This website has no connection with the U.S. Government.

  • Copyright © 2009-2019 ESTA USA Waiver, UK registered ESTA Application Agent

esta ssl